In order to get the cold, hazy, winter look I envisioned, this is the basic process these shots go through.
- Above we have our original plate that was shot on Red Epic.
- The FG elements are then roto’d, which allows us to create a black and white matte.
- The matte is used to place objects behind it such as a smoke plume.
- Additional snow particles and muzzle flashes are added.
- The final grade is applied to the entire comp.
- Lastly, the shot is rendered out, which is essentially exporting it into one complete file.
Then, repeat for the next 100 shots….